Sunday, October 27, 2019

Game Design Document

What is up fellow people, so our next task was to create something called a Game Design Document or a "GDD" for our game idea. Opened the template for the thing and didn't understand half of it, but after some Googling I figured out what most of it meant. It was pretty confusing since we haven't been told what game architecture or abstract classes are, so just kinda filled out what I could. It was actually pretty helpful filling out the document though. Not only is it a good place to store your ideas but when you go through the document section by section you start to put some thought into sections that you might have forgotten about or haven't got to yet regarding your game e.g. when the document tells you to write about level design you put a lot more thought into what your level design will actually be. Through this process I actually elaborated on some aspects of my game a bit, so it was actually pretty beneficial.

Heres the link to my GDD:
https://www.dundoc.com/project/5855/2ux012sybu



(Possible example of how one of my levels will look, probably like this but made of 10 pixels)
Game: No Mans Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment