Thursday, November 28, 2019

Unity Free Tutorials

Hola, this week for our unity tutorials we were allowed to go off and select our own tutorial to take a look at. Last time we were allowed to this I selected a tutorial that showed me how to create a usable health bar within my game, this week I've chosen a tutorial that talks about how to add fire and smoke into your game. The tutorial itself was pretty straight forward, walking us through the process step by step, from creating the fire itself to making a particle effect to imitate smoke.

The reason I chose this tutorial was simply because it was relevant in my game. In one of the games 5 levels the theme of the world is the element fire, therefore learning how to create fire and smoke in unity is of great use to me. I also think it would be interesting to mess around the this mechanic and try out a mixture of colours like purple and pink and if it looks as good as I think it will i'll find a way to incorporate it into the game, since a big part of my game is for it to be aesthetically appealing.


(Thumbnail of the tutorial I watched)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,

    I think the tutorial you picked out for your project this week is a very interesting one! Definitely unique since I haven't seen anyone think of adding things like this to their games yet so extra points to you. Itll really fit the ambiance of your game and make it look more polished. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this game! :)

    All the best,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam,

    The tutorial you picked out is great ! I don't think many others picked out ones involving fire, in fact I may use this for my game, if I fix the axe in my game first.

    TO be honest with you, I only write about the tutorials that would help my game so don't feel bad for picking out a tutorial for your game !

    I can't wait to read your blog again in the future !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete