Thursday, November 7, 2019

Unity Tutorial 6


Back at it with these Jimmy Vegas videos, this week we looked at 3 tutorials about skyboxes, fade screens and environment respectively. The first tutorial covered skyboxes, this is essentially what the sky looks like within your video game, you can simply get a texture from the asset store and apply it to the sky of your game. As simple as this all sounds this is actually going to be hugely important in my game, since there will five different levels I have to make sure each of them differentiate from eachother and I think a good sky texture is the perfect way to do that, plus since my game relies on being aesthetically pleasing the sky is a huge factor in my game, as it makes up 50% of what the player is seeing. The video also touched on wind zones, which may also play a significant part in my video game as one of the levels takes place in a forested region, with plenty of grass and trees to be moved by the wind.

The second video covered fade screens as well as how to pick up objects. My game will feature collectibles so the ability to pick up an object that the player doesn't start with will definitely be necessary, fade screens will also play a big role in my game, given that there's multiple levels there will be a lot more transition from location to location in my game then in others, so a fade in screen will definitely help smooth that transition for the player. Finally the last tutorial covered environment in general, this includes placing bushes on the map and how to import an asset such as a log cabin from the asset store into my game. This along with everything else covered in this weeks tutorials are going to be vital to my game, and I think that they'll have a significant effect on my final product.

(One of the Tutorial videos)

No comments:

Post a Comment